Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Names of God

during lunch time yesterday, myself and cube was discussing over some stuff... and cube asked me whether i know all of God's name... obviously, i don't... so i looked up the internet and found some... i am not sure whether the list is complete or not... anyway, i will put down a few here today, and maybe next time i will put more...

El Shaddai: "God Almighty."
El Elyon: "The Most High God."
El Olam: "The Everlasting God."
Yahweh Jireh (Yireh): "The Lord will provide."
Yahweh Nissi: "The Lord is my Banner."
Yahweh Shalom: "The Lord is Peace."
Yahweh Sabbaoth: "The Lord of Hosts."
Yahweh Maccaddeshcem: "The Lord your Sanctifier."
Yahweh Ro'i: "The Lord my Shepherd."
Yahweh Tsidkenu: "The Lord our Righteousness."
Yahweh Shammah: "The Lord is there."
Jehovah Rophe: "The Lord Heals."

i've noted that "Jehovah" and "Yahweh" been used interchangeably , so my guess is Yahweh Jireh = Jehovah Jireh... like in the song i used to sing in church...

Jehovah Jireh, my provider,
His grace is sufficient for me, for me, for me,
Jehovah Jireh, my provider,
His grace is sufficient for me.

The Lord shall supply all my needs,
According to His riches and glory,
He will give His angels' charge over me,
Jehovah Jireh cares for me.

1 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Gen2214 said...

I too found the name of God today as Yahweh Jireh. I feel God led me to this name today as my personal name for Him. Once I found your blog and read it, I felt compelled to reply. I didn't have an account so I created one. I selected my user name as Genesis 22:14, because of todays events. Have a blessed day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home